The play on people’s emotions of anti-Christian groups claiming homosexuals are marginalized or powerless is, in most cases, just not the case. Homosexual lobbies purport that, as a group, homosexuals are marginalized and are discriminated against (but not so according to this article http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a02rStatistcs.html) with regard to jobs, among other things, but in reality they are large players in the power structure using their positions to influence policy and foment oppressive pushback to any they perceive as opposing their agenda. The truth is that about 49% of homosexuals hold professional and managerial level jobs, which are, in most cases, higher paying jobs. The rate of these jobs among the rest of the population, at least as far back as 1990 is only about 15% (see statistical abstract of the U.S, 1990), and we who have worked for “the man” know managers hire people “like” (like in this context can mean same sex, same sexual orientation, same religion, same ethnicity) them as much as they can.
Am I saying that at one time the general population did not do this to homosexuals or that we should marginalize them in the future: No, no good person either desires this nor would try to push an agenda to intentionally marginalize any segment of society but one must see, in 2015, that is the homosexual agenda against Christians and those that oppose them. The recent firing of a fire Chief in Atlanta because of his Christian views on this subject is a very good case in point (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/01/07/atlanta-fire-chief-was-fired-because-my-christian-faith.html ). To be clear, homosexuals should be allowed to practice their lifestyle (God gives every consenting adult the freedom to sin at the peril of their immortal soul) but homosexuals and their political allies should not be allowed to force Christians to say that homosexual behavior is okay, that Hell and an unhappy life in this world is not the price they pay for the deviance from what common sense has shown humans for time immemorial is normal, or that taking away the free speech of Christians and other groups that oppose them is acceptable. To militate to take the free speech we, the majority, granted them, from us, the people in the United States, must understand that we all have an equal right to free speech as long as it is not aimed at depriving anyone else of life, liberty and what they perceive as their pursuit of happiness. Most estimates put the number of homosexuals in the United States at between .5%-5% of the population with Wikipedia estimating the lower .5% as being closer. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States#:~:text=Most%20of%20them%20%28c.%2070%25%29%20identified%20as%20heterosexual.,a%20whole%2C%20representing%20about%200.5%25%20of%20the%20population ). This small of a population should not have the influence that it does unless many of its members must be part of the power structure. The groups that homosexuals are bullying, and that is what they are doing, which appears to be part of their culture as reported by Newsweek 4 Oct 1993 (not some religious or ultra-right-wing publication) who in essence said 50% of the calls to a hotline to report “queer bashing” involve domestic violence (i.e., homosexuals beating up other homosexuals), are much bigger and need to stand for their rights to insure their equality. The lesson is just because you are the majority does not mean you can keep your rights. You must stand up and show politicians you are the majority and vote them out when they don’t support your equal rights and vote for sane legislation.
All Christians should be 100% for gay rights but 100% against gay marriage (not against civil rights for same sex partners/unions like insurance, joint right of survivorship for houses they live in etc.) the reason being the ability for them to both set standards that affect what children perceive as normal as well as the confusion it will lead to when reading any literature before the redefinition of marriage and to adopt children into a relationship which not only dominated by a single sex but which statistical (a few already mentioned above but also more directly homosexuals commit more than 33% of all reported child molestations in the United States according to Psychological Reports. 1986, 58, pp.327-37) are more dangerous to children . But aren’t these things mutually exclusive? I say no. Homosexuals should be able to practice their life style with who they want assuming the one they are practicing it with is a consenting adult who consents to the relationship. They should be able to have joint right of survivorship (i.e. if one partner dies the other owns the house free and clear without additional taxes or hassle) with respect to domiciles, the right to the others health insurance just as heterosexual couples. They do not have the right to force others to call it marriage.
If people are married they form an example for the norm which all children see and are able to adopt children. I have no problem with calling all unions’ even ones now designated marriages “civil unions” and leaving it up to religious denominations on whether or not to call the unions marriages. Colleges require so many females to have slots in their student body in support of diversity through affirmative action but children don’t deserve that same diversity and the advantage it grants them to interact with a parent of the opposite sex. The government should be consistent. Is diversity important or isn’t it? The problem with the gay life style is that it is abusive, unstable and life threatening (once again not my opinion but facts based on credible references) and children should not be taught it is either normal or a desirable option because according to the following statistics (taken from the web site: http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a02rStatistcs.html where at the end of the article there citations include and are from the time period from 1978-1994) it is life threatening and those in it die earlier than the average population:
- 1 study reports 70% of homosexuals admitting to having sex only once with >50% of their partners.
- 1 study reports that the average homosexual has between 20-106 sex partners/yr. (for reference the average heterosexual has 8 sexual partners in a lifetime)
- 73% of psychiatrists say homosexuals are less happy than the average person and 70% say that it is not due to social stigmatization.
- 25-33% of homosexuals and lesbians are alcoholics.
- 78% of homosexuals are affected by STDs
- Loss Angeles police captain William Riddle 30,000 sexually abused children in Los Angeles were victims of homosexuals.
- 50% of suicides can be attributed to homosexuals
- Homosexuals account for a disproportionate number of hepatitis cases (e.g. in San Francisco 70-80%)
- 37% of homosexuals engage in sadomasochism which accounts for many accidental deaths. In San Francisco, classes were held to teach homosexuals not to kill their partners during sadomasochistic encounters.
- Depending on the city, 39-59% of homosexuals are infected with intestinal parasites like worms, flukes and amoebae, common in third world countries.
- The median age of death of homosexual males is 42(only 9% live past the age of 65). This drops to 39 if the cause of death is AIDS. The median age of death of a married heterosexual man is 75.
- The median age of death of lesbians is 45 (only 25% live past the age of 65). The median age of death of a married heterosexual woman is 79.
- 50% of the calls to a hotline to report “queer bashing” involved domestic violence (i.e., homosexuals beating up other homosexuals)
- About 50% of the women on death row are lesbians.
- 33% of homosexuals Admit to minor/adult sex
The reaction to the above by detractors is “that was more than 20 years ago” but the following more recent information from the 2000-2010 timeframe from the Centers for Disease Control AKA the CDC (see http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html) as well as an article at http://www.traditioninaction.org/Questions/B161_HomoStats.html state the following:
- It is estimated that 71% of homosexuals have HIV as of 2005.
- 40% of all STD cases occurred amongst homosexuals in 2002.
- Major health issues for gay men are HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases substance abuse, depression and suicide. Gay male adolescents are 2 to 3 times more likely than their peers to attempt suicide.
- In 2010, young gay and bisexual men (aged 13-24 years) accounted for 72% of new HIV infections among all persons. Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the United States population yet are the population most severely affected by HIV (This information is from the CDC website at the URL http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html)
- At the end of 2011, and estimated 500,022 (57%) persons living with an HIV diagnosis in the United States were gay and bisexual men, or gay and bisexual men who also inject drugs. (This information is from the CDC at http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/facts/index.html)
You can argue these are not the facts but if that is so where are the facts to support the counter position? Just because homosexuals aggressively dominate the national conversation, as many pornographic movie producers that make homosexual pornographic films do, does not make what they do either safe or right. Let the homosexuals and pornographic producers produce evidence counter to that shown above, not just yell that they are right and are harmless. People must base their decisions on facts and if they disagree that they are valid where are the valid facts and what are they? I do not think there will be a time when facts will not show this is a deadly lifestyle but until the time when the facts can be shown that supports homosexuality is a lifestyle as safe or even close to as safe as the average heterosexuals, the governments of the world should not encourage it, and give homosexuals the rights to practice their lifestyle in private but not the right to force it on 97% of the world that is not homosexual or, moreover, the children of the world, as normal.
The final point I will address, at least with regard to homosexuality is why, if this homosexual drive is inborn or genetic, would the Christian religion require a homosexual to abstain from homosexual sex, if heterosexual Christians can satisfy their inborn sex drive? The fact that certain clerics (priests and bishops in some sects and just bishops in others, i.e. not deacons) are celibate is the difference between most orthodox Christians and some Christians that are considered protestant that justifies why orthodox Christians feel justified to require homosexuals, that wish to practice their particular form of , to refrain from homosexual sex. And I say “if” the homosexual drive is inborn, because certain studies, such as the one covered by 60 minutes which showed one identical twin straight and the other gay, casts doubt on the supposition that homosexuality is a genetic predisposition (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-science-of-sexual-orientation/ ). I’m talking science and evidence not my opinion. Christ himself was celibate and said the best way to live is the celibate life. If prelates did not set the example in orthodox Christian sects such as the Roman Catholic Church, the question of why homosexuals should remain celibate would be a good question. But at least orthodox Christians “put there money where their mouth is” and demonstrate that celibacy is not only possible but have demonstrated it through example for almost 2000 years. This is one reason why the Catholic Church and other orthodox Christians champion the example of celibacy.
Christians and conservatives must stand up for what’s right for everyone. They should not be bullied into saying what is abnormal is right but they should not obstruct what fully consenting adults (i.e. not coerced in any way) can do, IN PRIVATE!!! LGBT+ people must have their rights but they cannot impose their morals on others as they purport others are trying to do to them. God wishes to grant all sentient beings freedom to choose heaven or hell, not the freedom to impose their morals on others.